Working with the right Estate Planning or Probate Lawyer:
We work most of our lives to support our family and provide for retirement. Most of us want to achieve maximum enjoyment of the fruits of our labor over our lifetime and have our remaining assets go to family and close friends upon our death. Deciding who will receive our property, in what proportions, the timing of their receipt and the amount of control they will exercise are all considerations in crafting our estate plan. These are only examples of the types of decisions which you will have to make. When we lose a family member it is necessary that title to the assets they own reach the persons they intended and that the law is followed to allow them to be placed into possession of those assets through Louisiana succession proceedings that must be filed. Usually this can be accomplished in an efficient and cost effective manner with the right counsel guiding you through the legal process.
What to look for when searching for an attorney.
- Find an attorney that has experience within the area of law you require.
- Assure that your attorney is in good standing with the Louisiana State Bar and has no disciplinary record.
- Check out the lawyer's website for areas of practice, experience, location and background.
- Give the lawyer a phone call or e-mail to briefly discuss your situation to determine if the lawyer seems helpful and knowledgeable.
- See if you can set up an initial conference with the attorney for an opportunity to review your situation and make a decision on whether this is the right person to represent you under the circumstances.
Louisiana's go to site for an Estate Planning or Probate Attorney!
We are the go to site for Louisiana elder law, probate and estate planning. Finding an attorney skilled in this area of the law is important. Law is becoming more focused within practice areas in a manner similar to that of the medical community, but there are many attorneys that continue to practice in several legal areas at the same time. You cannot afford to have a personal injury lawyer handling an estate any more than a pediatrician performing your general surgery. Find an estate and succession attorney that has all of the qualifications and experience listed above. The correct attorney can help you with your Estate Planning or Succession needs. Contact us for all of your estate, succession, Wills and Estate Planning needs. We have a list of attorneys that work throughout Louisiana in the area of Last Wills, Trusts, Medicaid Planning, Estate Planning, Probate and Successions..
Learn about Estate Planning or Successions.
Go to our Estate Blog for articles on Louisiana Wills, Trusts and other Estate Planning and Succession issues. Ask a lawyer a question on the blog and get pointed in the right direction.
Louisiana Lawyer Directory Listings.